Postgame notes following Austin Peay’s 10-9 non-conference loss at Southern Illinois, Wednesday:
- The loss was Austin Peay’s fourth straight loss. It is the first four-game losing streak since suffering a five-game streak at the end of the 2010 season (April 28-May 11). The Govs did not lose more than three games in a row during either the 2011 or 2012 seasons.
- Right fielder Rolando Gautier extended his hit streak to 14 games with his ninth-inning RBI double.
- Batting in the No. 6 spot in the lineup for the first time this season, designated hitter Michael Davis was 2-for-5 with three RBI – he entered the game with only two RBI this season. He also notched his season’s third double and second home run.
- Shortstop Reed Harper batted No. 7 in the Govs lineup, Wednesday, for the first time this season. He responded with second consecutive two-hit outing and is 4-for-9 to start the road trip.
- Kevin Corey did not start at third base for only the second time this season. However, he did make his second relief pitching outing this season, allowing one run over the final two innings.
- Second baseman Jordan Hankins 0-for-8 with a walk in the first two games of the current six-game road trip.
- Reliever Alex Belew saw his scoreless innings streak come to an end at 9.1 innings. He left two runners on base in the sixth and both ultimately scored (one earned), which ultimately led to his season’s first loss.
- For the third time in its four-game losing streak, an Austin Peay error in the sixth inning led to multiple runs that ultimately decided the game’s outcome. Saturday an error in the sixth inning led to four runs in a 10-7 loss to Tennessee Tech. Tuesday an error in the sixth allowed three runs to score in a 6-3 loss at Kentucky. Wednesday, two errors in the sixth frame led to a five-run explosion in a game the Govs lost 10-9.