Post-game Notes: APSU vs. ISU
- Saturday's meeting was the first Governors first meeting with Illinois State.
- APSU is now 18-40 all-time against current Missouri Valley members,
- With 20 points against Illinois State, Anthony Campbell had back-to-back 20-point outings this week.
- The 25 turnovers against Illinois State represented the fifth time this season the Govs committed 25 or more turnovers this season.
- Junior Jeremy Purvis, who joined the team less than two weeks ago, started his second game at point guard. After failing to score against Lipscomb, he tallied eight points against Illinois State, including a pair of three pointers.
- Leading scorer Travis Betran suffered through his worst game as a Governor, being held to two points. His previous low was six points at Western Kentucky. He did have four assists.
- Freshman center Chris Horton failed to score against ISU. He did have a team-high five assists and three steals. He failed to gain a block shot for the first time this season.
- Freshman forward Preston Herring played only the final four minutes but scored eight points, knocking down a pair of three pointers in the process.
- Freshman guard Cory Arentsen made two-of-four three pointers against ISU, making it five straight games with at least one three pointers. In fact, he has made at least one three pointer in all but one game this season.