Game time: 4 p.m. (changed after schedule cards were printed)
Location: Curb Event Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- This is the 42nd meeting between APSU and Belmont, with the Govs holding a 30-11 advantage. However, the Bruins won the first matchup with the Govs as an OVC member, defeating APSU, 78-65, in Clarksville, Feb. 9, 2013.
- The Govs come in with a 10-13 overall record, 4-5 in the OVC. APSU finally garnered its first OVC road win with a 75-65 victory, Thursday night against Tennessee State.
- Belmont owns the OVC’s best record at 9-2 after holding off Murray State, 99-96, Thursday night, in an EPSNU telecast. Belmont is 18-8 overall, including an early season win against North Carolina.
- J.J. Mann leads Belmont in scoring at 17.5 ppg, followed by Craig Bradshaw (16.4 ppg) and Reece Chamberlain (10.8 ppg), who also is averaging 4.7 apg.
- Travis Betran scored 21 points and Ed Dyson 20 against Tennessee State, Thursday night. It was the sixth time this season Betran has scored 20 or more points. It was the first time for Dyson, who had set a personal scoring best of 19 points the previous game against Murray State.
- The Govs shot 55.1 percent (27 of 49) from the floor against Belmont, the 12th time this season the have shot 50 percent or better in a game.
- For the second time this season point guard Damarius Smith suffered a sprained ankle. With less than 12 minutes in the game, Smith went down his injury. He did not return, with Zavion Williams and Fred Garmon handling the duties for game’s remainder. Smith is uncertain for Saturday’s game at Belmont.