- This will be Austin Peay’s 69th homecoming–”Blast from the Past” the theme–with the Govs owning a 28-39-1 record in those events. After winning homecoming games in both 2007 and 2008, the Govs have lost the last four homecomings, including a 48-27 defeat to Southeast Missouri a year ago. APSU has won just seven homecoming games in the past 26 years.
- This will be the Governors’ first Sergeant York Trophy game of 2013. This will be UT Martin's third and final York Trophy game this season. APSU has failed to win the Sergeant York Trophy since it was initiated in 2007.
- After opening with five straight road games plus a week off, the Governors finally played at home against Eastern Illinois, Oct. 10. APSU was the last FBS or FCS team to play at home. This is one of just four home games for the Governors this season.
- In seven games, APSU has scored just 26 points, including only two touchdowns. Its only score against Murray State was a second-quarter 37-yard Chase Dunlap field goal.
- Since joining the OVC in 1964–including its 10-year hiatus for non-scholarship football–the fewest number of single-season points scored by the Govs is 68 by the 1974 team. The year before before joining the OVC the Governors tallied just 24 points in 1973.
- UT Martin holds a 34-25-2 advantage in the series, including wins in the last five meetings. The Governors are 13-19-1 at home against the Skyhawks.
- UTM is 2-1 against ranked FCS opponents. The Skyhawks opened the season with a 31-21 win at then-No. 24 ranked Chattanooga. On Sept. 14 they defeated No. 7 Central Arkansas at home, 24-23. Last week, they lost at home to No. 22 Tennessee State, 29-15.
- The two teams have faced one common opponent this season, thus far. The Skyhawks opened with a 31-21 win at Chattanooga. In Week 3, the Governors lost at Chattanooga 42-10.