Clarksville, Tenn. – Senior middle blocker Lauren Henderson, of Austin Peay State University volleyball team, has been named the Copies in a Flash APSU Athlete of the Week.
Henderson led the Lady Govs with 19 points (13 kills and eight blocks) in a five-set loss at Eastern Illinois and followed it up with a 12-kill, four-block, two-ace effort at SIU Edwardsville.
The Fredericktown, Mo., native averaged 4.0 points and 1.3 blocks per set on the week, and leads the Ohio Valley Conference with 33 aces on the season and ranks eighth with 0.79 blocks per set.
The Copies in a Flash APSU Athlete of the Week is selected by the APSU Sports Information staff each Tuesday during the academic year. Copies in a Flash, of Clarksville, sponsors the award.
Other notable performances by Austin Peay athletes included:
- Senior Xiamar Richards, of the women’s cross-country team, placed third at the Front Runner Invitational with a school-record 10:57.11 mark that crushed her previous record by 25 seconds.
- Senior Marco Iten, of the men’s golf team, shot a team-best 211 (72-68-71) and was the only Gov without a round above par at the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate, leading the Govs to a second-place tie.
- Senior tailback Tim Phillips, of the football team, rushed for a career-high 123 yards on 26 carries (4.7 ypc) in the Govs loss at Murray State. He also led the Govs with four catches for 28 yards.
- Senior Rachel Deaton and sophomore Jessica Cathey, of the women’s golf team, each posted a top-five finish at the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate at the Clarksville Country Club, the first pair of Lady Govs with top-fives in the home tournament since 2002. Cathey finished third with a three-over par 147 (71-76), while Deaton tied for fourth with a five-over 149 (75-74).
- Junior defender Shelby Olszewski, of the women’s soccer team, headed home two goals in just 93 minutes of playing time in two matches last weekend.